Wilderness Resorts and Waterparks ownership group announce today that they are to build a new attraction, Soaky Mountain Waterpark, in the Smoky Mountain area! The new massive 50-acre outdoor waterpark will be located across the street and up the hill from the Sevierville Convention Center and Wilderness at the Smokies Resort. The plans boast a 35,000-square-foot wavepool that can create waves up to six feet high! Wow!
Impressive Water Features
- A 24,000-square-foot winding wave river
- A heavily-themed and exciting kids’ play-and-spray feature with multiple slides for both the tame and the daring
- Towering slides found throughout the park
- A kid-friendly activity pool with smaller versions of water slides
- An adventure pool with a WIBIT water obstacle course
- A flat-water cabana pool for relaxing poolside
- A double FlowRider for the surfer in all of us
- Four large slide complexes
Thrilling Water Slides
- A one-of-a-kind water coaster
- A family ride tower with two five-person raft rides
- A tubing tower with fiveflumes all featuring unique and thrilling one- or two-person tubing experiences
- Two high-intensity body slides
- A four-lane, head-first mat racing challenge
What's the Opening Date?
Joe Eck, COO of Wilderness Resorts and Waterparks, anticipates that Soaky Mountain Waterpark will be open to the public daily mid-May through August, with additional select days through mid-September. Pricing for waterpark admission is yet to be determined, but Wilderness at the Smokies guests will likely receive preferred pricing on admission. Wilderness Resorts and Waterparks currently owns and operates Wilderness at the Smokies in Sevierville, and Wilderness Resort, Glacier Canyon Lodge, and Wilderness on the Lake in Wisconsin Dells. For more information visit SoakyMountainWaterpark.com.
Photo source: SoakyMountainWaterpark.com