Enjoy the fresh air and stretch yourself into your zen state the the free Yoga in the Park series. King of Pops hosts the complimentary yoga sessions taking places every Tuesday, May 7 - Oct. 29 (weather permitting) from 6 - 7 p.m.
Mary Catherine Hoffner with Tough Love Yoga leads the classes at the park's scenic amphitheater. The classes are suitable to all ages and levels. All you need to bring is a yoga mat or towel, bottle of water and positive vibes. King of Pops will have a cart on location offering gourmet popsicles in case you're hankering for a post-class cool down.
Yoga in the Parks also supports the Tennessee State Parks Healthy Parks Healthy Person initiative that offers rewards for getting outside and active in local parks.
On any given Tuesday, if the weather looks iffy, check for updates on King of Pops' Facebook page.
PHYSICAL BENEFITS OF YOGA
• Lessen chronic pain such as lower back pain, arthritis, headaches and carpal tunnel syndrome
• Can lower blood pressure
• Reduce insomnia
• Increase flexibility
• Increase muscle strength and tone
• Improve respiration, energy and vitality
• Maintain a balanced metabolism
• Weight reduction
• Cardio and circulatory health
• Improve athletic performance
• Protection from injury